I have a little confession. When I’m hungry I can be a little cranky. (No comments allowed from my family)
I think we may all have that tendency. When you become a mom that’s something you learn really quickly. The key to keeping babies (and mom) happy is making sure they aren’t hungry or tired. That really doesn’t change, no matter how old we get.
Our family starts most weekdays with breakfast at 7:30. We home school and (contrary to popular opinion) it takes longer than a couple of hours a day, so we need to get an early start. Ideally, I only eat at mealtime, which means I wait for lunch. Ideally. But in reality, I need snacks! Especially after Algebra!
Somehow, Algebra turns otherwise intelligent thirteen year old boys into hungry, blank-stared-zombies and 40-something year old moms into….well, let’s just say, someone who could really use a SNICKERS®!
SNICKERS® has been my favorite candy bar since before I was a blank-stared-zombie, taking Algebra. So, when I came across this yummy Mini Cheese Cake recipe I knew SNICKERS® Almond and SNICKERS® Peanut Butter Squares would be the perfect addition!
Let me just say before we go any further…..
OH. MY. GOODNESS!!! THESE SNICKERS® MINI CHEESECAKES ARE AH-MAZING!
Seriously, I’m not sure how much I can say without crossing that “Ok, now you’re just bragging ‘cuz you made ’em” line, but they may be the best thing I made all week….Ok, for a few weeks. They ARE THAT good!
- 12 chocolate cream filled sandwich cookies
- 2 Tbsp butter- melted
- 12 oz. cream cheese – at room temp
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs – room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 SNICKERS® Almond
- 1 large (4 pk) SNICKERS® Peanut Butter Bars
- 1-2 Tbsp caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 SNICKERS® Almond
- 1 (2 pk) SNICKERS® Peanut Butter Bar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Place cookies in food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbs
- Pour crumbs in bowl and add melted butter
- Stir until well combined
- Line a 12 ct. muffin tin with cupcake liners
- Evenly divide crumb mixture into muffin tin
You can find complete recipes of this SNICKERS Mini Cheesecakes in otasteandseeblog.com