My friends went wild over this cheesecake recipe. Creamy, rich peanut butter cheesecake filled with crushed Butterfinger candy bars and topped with peanut butter drizzle. This is one incredibly indulgent dessert!
It’s the weekend and I want nothing but an indulgent, peanut butter, chocolate, stick-to-your-ribs, Oreo crusted slice of cheesecake. I actually want that everyday of the week, but fitting into my wedding dress is more important right now.
After quite the hectic week moving and trying to get settled, I am ready for a vacation. To add to our chaotic lives, we are taking a quick weekend road trip to visit Marie in Cleveland. I love taking summer road trips. Any Cleveland readers out there?
I made today’s seriously sweet cheesecake the day after I made my blueberry swirl cheesecake. I wanted to space the cheesecake recipes out on my blog so I don’t bombard you with cheesecake. Though I’m not really sure any of you would mind an overload of cheesecake. How many times did I just type cheesecake?
I really need a vacation.
This recipe is out of control. In the best way possible! A creamy, thick peanut butter cheesecake that actually tastes like peanut butter (more on that later), on top of an Oreo cookie crust, filled with crushed Butterfinger candy bars, topped with more Butterfingers candy bars, and a peanut butter drizzle. Not diet food.
- 18 whole Oreos (Double Stuf or regular)1
- 1/4 cup (60g) unsalted butter, melted
- 24 ounces (670g) full-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (180g) full-fat sour cream (or full-fat yogurt), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125g) creamy peanut butter2
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 12 fun-size or 5 regular size Butterfinger candy bars, chopped
- optional: 1/4 cup melted peanut butter for drizzling
- Adjust oven rack to the lower third position and preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Make the Oreo cookie crust: In a food processor or blender, pulse the whole Oreos (cream filling and cookie) into a fine crumb. Stir the cookie crumbs and melted butter together in a medium sized bowl. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan and only slightly up the sides. The crust will be thick. Wrap aluminum foil on the bottom and tightly around the outside walls of the springform pan, as shown in photo above. Bake the crust for 7-8 minutes. Allow to slightly cool as you prepare the filling.
You can find complete recipes of this Peanut Butter Butterfinger Cheesecake in sallysbakingaddiction.com