Morning treat you will not want to miss! Easy doughnuts stuffed with cheesecake mixture and topped with sweet glaze and crushed Oreo cookies.
When you have kids, things like “date nights” and “time for yourself” are a very rare occurrence. Even though hubs and I live relatively close to our parents, we can hardly manage to get a date night once a month and a weekend getaway once every few months. So when the moon and the start align just right and we do get that rare chance to sneak away on a date, we take full advantage of that.
A couple of weeks ago, hubs happened to get a weekend day off. We quickly drove or little man to grandma’s and decided to go see a movie. We used to go see just about every movie that came out to the theaters, but it was back in the BC times (Before Child). Now, we pick what movie we want to see very carefully since we wouldn’t want to waste a perfectly good date night on a bad movie. We got lucky this time and there were 2 movies out that we really wanted to see. Double feature time!
Before spending 5 hours in the movie theater, we definitely needed to stop for reinforcements, i. e. lots of coffee. And of course, it wouldn’t be a date without a little treat. Doughnuts and coffee is a perfect pairing and just what we needed with coffee.
- Package of original refrigerated biscuits (8 count)
- About 30 oz bottle of vegetable oil for frying
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup white granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- ¾ cup powder sugar
- 2½ Tbsp heavy cream
- 10-12 Oreo cookies, finely chopped
- Preheat oil in a fryer, dutch oven or a medium sauce pot to 340-350°F. (If using a pot on a stove top, I recommend a medium setting.)
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and 2 Tbsp of heavy cream in a bowl for 2-3 minutes. Transfer cheesecake mixture into a piping bag fitted with a pastry filling tip. Set aside.
- Chop Oreo cookies and place them into a wide, shallow bowl. Set aside.
- In another wide and shallow bowl, whisk powder sugar and 2½ tbsp of heavy cream until smooth. Set aside.
- Open the can of refrigerated biscuits and carefully take them apart. Fry biscuits, 2-3 at a time, until golden brown. Flip to the other side and fry until that side is golden brown as well.
You can find complete recipes of this Oreo Cheesecake Doughnuts in willcookforsmiles.com