Matcha Mini Cheesecakes with White Chocolate Covered Strawberries – creamy and delicious, green tea tasting, little bites of cheesecake, totally yummy!
I don’t mean to brag or anything, but I am quite proud of these mini green tea cheesecakes and I am so happy to share the recipe with you. What we have here are a dozen Matcha mini cheesecakes with an oreo cookie crust and white chocolate covered strawberries, which I finally drizzled with some chocolate ganache. Well that’s a mouthful, no pun intended.
This is the first time I baked anything with Matcha Green Tea Powder and I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. But I’ve been looking for an excuse to use the box of oreo cookie baking crumbs and I desperately needed an excuse to cover some strawberries in chocolate. This is what I dream about at night, how sad is that! Now if you’ve never had a green tea dessert like green tea ice cream, you are in for a treat, but I will tell you this. Green tea cheesecake tastes like green tea! No big surprise there. For some reason hubs was fooled by the color and even though I told him it was green tea cheesecake, he saw it green and thought it was going to taste either minty or like pistachios. Ah, NO! It’s a green tea cheesecake, it tastes like green tea. But I absolutely loved it. It goes really great with the oreo cookie crust and the chocolate covered strawberries. I’m so in love with this cheesecake, I’m going to go as far as saying it’s a healthy dessert. Well we all know the health benefits of green tea such as it fights cancer and speeds up your metabolism, so why not!
- 1 cup (4.8 oz or 135 g) crushed Oreo cookies
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 pkg (16 oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp matcha (green tea powder)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 strawberries, with stems on
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4 oz chocolate chips, semisweet
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a bowl mix together the oreo cookie crumbs with the butter. Divide the mixture equally into each cup in the pan and press down. Bake for 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 300 F degrees.
You can find complete recipes of this Matcha Mini Cheesecakes with White Chocolate Covered Strawberries in jocooks.com