Greek Lentil Salad! This healthy, vegetable packed salad is so delicious! Lentils, Quinoa, Veggies in a tangy lemon dressing. Vegan & Gluten-Free.
I’m here to prove that salads can be main meals, especially when they are as delicious as this one. Salty olives, juicy tomatoes, crunchy raw zucchini, and crisp red onion just for starters. Because when I make a salad into a meal, I want as many textures as possible.
I’m on a personal mission to make vegetarian eating not only sooooo freaking delicious but also affordable. Did you know that most people associate plant-based eating with higher grocery bills? Crazy but true. I was at a conference last week where they shared this stat, and I was blown away by how many people in the audience were nodding their heads in agreement.
- ½ cup French (du Puy) lentils
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 small/medium zucchini or 1 large, cubed
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup kalamata olives, halved and pitted
- 4 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse and drain the lentils. Place in a saucepan and cover by 2 inches with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer 20-25 minutes until tender. Strain and set aside.
- While the lentils are cooking, make the quinoa. Place quinoa in a small sauce pot with 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer until all water is absorbed, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat, keep the lid on and let sit another 2-3 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
You can find complete recipes of this Greek Lentil Salad in delishknowledge.com