I’ve been on a homemade ice cream kick lately! It used to be something that we only made for special occasions, and understandably so considering you had get the ice cream maker all cleaned up, buy some special salt, and kind of babysit the thing while it churned.
But since it’s so easy to pull out this handy little homemade ice cream maker, and we keep the canister in the freezer so it’s always ready to go, homemade ice cream is no big deal! Except, it really is a big deal because it’s so fun to try new flavors and mix-ins, like this Dark Chocolate Chip with Almonds. The ice cream is flavored with just a bit of almond extract which I could seriously wear as a perfume and not get sick of it. Then, when the ice cream is almost finished, melted chocolate that has been thinned out with some oil is drizzled in. As it churns, it creates these nice, delicate little flecks of dark chocolate throughout the finished ice cream. So delicious!
And don’t forget the salted, roasted almonds because that sweet and salty combo just makes this girl so happy.
Do you eat ice cream every night? Please say you do… curled up on the couch, watching your favorite show you’ve been saving for just this night? What does it say about you if eating ice cream and watching a favorite show is your idea of a good time? Lazy? Boring? 30-something mom of energetic boys? I think so… Thanks for understanding friends. I can feel you not judging at all!
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon oil (I used coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted almonds, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, combine milk and sugar, and use an electric mixer on medium speed to whisk together until the sugar is dissolved. Add the heavy cream, vanilla extract, and almond extract and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and churn according to directions.
You can find complete recipes of this DARK CHOCOLATE CHIP ALMOND ICE CREAM in lovelylittlekitchen.com