I’ve got dinner and a movie for you today!
I am SO excited to be partnering up with The Dating Divas today! I’m sure you’ve all heard of The Dating Divas, right? If not, you are missing out! They’re a group of married women who post fun, creative, and inexpensive ideas that will put the SPARK back into your marriage. If you’d love to reclaim the romance and excitement you had back when you were first dating, then this is the site for you!
And today, I’ve teamed up with the Divas to bring you a special treat… Dinner and a Movie!! Because who doesn’t love a fun date with a good movie and some delicious food? That’s right, I’m going to hook you up with fabulous food ideas for your next movie night, and the Divas are taking care of all the date details for you. Read on, because you’ve got one spectacular (already planned) date night coming your way. Head on over to their site to get everything you need for your date. Zorro is a classic movie that I could watch over and over again!
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced finely
- ½ cup white onion, diced finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup salsa verde
- 1½ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
- For the Shrimp Mixture: In a large skillet melt the 2 tablespoons of butter. Sautee the red bell pepper and onion until slightly soft. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes or until pink just start to turn pink. Remember we are still baking this so we don’t want the shrimp to be overcooked.
- Remove mixture from the heat and add the salt, chili powder, cilantro, and lime. Stir and set aside.
- For the Sauce: In a large skillet melt the butter. Add the flour and stir and cook for 1-2 minutes. Slowly add the chicken broth and continue to cook over medium high heat stirring constantly. The mixture will start out thin and thicken up once it cooks.
You can find complete recipes of this CREAMY SHRIMP ENCHILADAS in the-girl-who-ate-everything.com