Classic Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Waffles bursting with blueberries in every bite, served with a creamy cheesecake topping and fresh home-made Blueberry Sauce!
Crispy, fluffy waffles that could be mistaken for blueberry cake are what these waffles are. Say that 10 times fast.
Ever since we bought a waffle maker, (this one to be exact), our days have been filled with crispy waffles of all different colours and flavours. Waffles for breakfast. Waffles for lunch. Waffles for dinner, even. I’m staring to prefer waffles over pancakes. I know! The insanity! Don’t even.
No flipping. No waiting around a stove. Just pour batter into a machine and DONE. I mean, who doesn’t love an easy breakfast?
Out of all of the waffles we’ve been trying, eating and loving, these Blueberry Waffles have been making regular appearances in this house. And I’m not kidding when I say waffles for dinner. We are so in love with these waffles that we had them ALLLLL DAYYYYY on Saturday while listening to the rain, covered in blankets and pretending it was Summer. These waffles have Summer ALL over them. Oh Summer. How I miss thee.
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups warm milk (almond, skim, full fat or 2%)
- ⅓ cup melted butter (reduced fat or light)
- 1 lemon, juiced (about ¼ cup fresh lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups plain | all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar (white or coconut sugar/s — can substitute with a natural granulated sweetener that measures 1:1 with sugar)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ cups fresh (or frozen) blueberries
- 1 cup (8 oz | 250 g) light cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons vanilla Greek yogurt (or plain or blueberry flavoured) OR whipping cream if you don’t like
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar or a natural granulated sweetener that measures 1:1 with sugar
- Preheat waffle maker (or iron) according to manufacturers instructions. I use this waffle maker,
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter, lemon juice and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Beat until blended; fold in blueberries.
You can find complete recipes of this CLASSIC BLUEBERRY LEMON CHEESECAKE WAFFLES in cafedelites.com