My friends, this buttered cod in skillet recipe will become a family favorite. My children, who do not like fish, love this recipe. Can I just tell you how simple the recipe is? Seriously, takes like 5 minute prep time and about 5-6 minute cook time and whallaaa, you have yourself a super delicious and healthy dinner (well minus the butter, hehe). The cod become so flakey and juicy and has so much flavor, drizzled with some fresh lemon juice. Great over egg noodles, homemade bread and salad. My kids’ favorite part? Taking bread and dipping into the butter that’s in the skillet. Oh so good!
Note:* If using frozen cod, completely thaw before using.
Ingredients for Cod in Skillet-
- 1½ lbs cod (fresh or frozen)*
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, sliced
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ¾ tsp paprika
- Few lemon slices
- Herbs, parsley or cilantro
How to make Buttered Cod in Skillet-
- Stir together ingredients for seasoning in a small bowl.
- Cut cod into smaller pieces, if desired. Season all sides of the cod with the seasoning.
- Heat 2 Tbsp butter in a wide skillet over medium-high heat. Once butter melts, add cod to skillet. Cook 2 minutes.
- Turn heat down to medium. Turn cod over, top with remaining butter and cook another 3-4 minutes. Butter will completely melt and fish will cook through. Don’t overcook, it will become mushy and completely fall apart.
You can find complete recipes of this BUTTERED COD IN SKILLET in valentinascorner.com