Baked Buffalo Chickpea and Artichoke Vegan Taquitos are the perfect game day food or party appetizer.
These spicy buffalo vegan taquitos are meant to be an appetizer or snack, but let’s be honest, I could make a meal out of these! The filling is a creamy mixture of smashed chickpeas, chopped artichokes and my “cheesy” Butternut Mac sauce (a reader favorite!) all mixed with Buffalo style hot sauce. Easy to make as spicy hot (or not) as you like. Judging from the popularity of my Buffalo Cauliflower Bites, I’d say you guys love buffalo sauce! Let’s get the (vegan) party started!!
EASY TO MAKE
These taquitos are super easy to make, especially if you use staple ingredients like canned chickpeas and frozen artichoke hearts. You can even buy pre chopped butternut squash for the “cheese” sauce.
ADD SOME SAUCE
I served them up with my Creamy Cumin Ranch, which was the perfect accompaniment. You could also dunk them in Guacamole, an incredibly easy dip that should be on your party table anyway.
BUFFALO CHICKPEA AND ARTICHOKE VEGAN TAQUITOS
Taquitos, or rolled tacos or flautas as they are sometimes called, traditionally uses corn tortillas and are fried until crisp. I used flour tortillas here because I find they hold together better, but you can use whatever you like best. And my vegan taquitos are baked, not fried, using no oil!
- 2 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (or 3 cups cooked chickpeas)
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts, frozen or canned (drained)
- 1 cup Butternut Mac sauce
- 1/4-1/2 cup Buffalo style hot sauce (I used Franks )
- 15-20 small tortillas, corn or flour (your favorite) (Use corn if gluten free)
- Dipping sauce: Creamy Cumin Ranch or The BEST Guacamole
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mash the chickpeas with a potato masher or fork. Some larger pieces are ok, but you want the mixture to stick together.
- Add the chopped artichoke hearts, Butternut Mac sauce and buffalo style hot sauce and mix to combine.
You can find complete recipes of this BAKED BUFFALO CHICKPEA AND ARTICHOKE VEGAN TAQUITOS in veggieinspiredjourney.com