My granny makes the most amazing blondies, or golden brownies as she calls them, and I’ve been trying for ages to make a healthy version that even come close to hers. I like them oozing and sticky and nice and fudgey, so it took me ages to come up with the right consistency. The other day I struck gold, literally. These gorgeous, golden, gooey squares are almost just like hers and the perfect way to treat yourself!
- 1/3 Cup of Coconut Oil, Softened (80ml)
- 3/4 Cup of Almond Butter (195g)
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup of Maple Syrup (185ml)
- 2 Cups of Ground Almonds (240g)
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 75g of Chocolate Chips (min 70%)
- Cream the softened coconut oil and almond butter together until combined and smooth. Then add in the maple syrup and egg and mix.
- Combine the ground almonds and baking powder and then add them to the wet mixture and mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Spread the mixture out into a baking tin lined with parchment paper and bake at 180’C for 20-25 minutes, you want the top to be nice and golden and the insides still a little mushy. They might feel too runny when you take them out but they’ll set a little more as they cool. I take mine out at about 22 minutes.
You can find complete recipes of this Almond Butter Blondies in thelittlegreenspoon.com